An Invitation.....

An Invitation
Come follow me...Knock and it shall be opened......Seek and ye shall find......

The Savior extends His gentle invitation. It is when we act to accept that we are blessed with a more abundant life through Him. "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

Together let us accept the Saviors invitation to come to know Him in a more personal way as we study the four gospels in the New Testament. From January through August 2013, there will be a weekly reading assignment and blog post where we will be able to teach and learn from one another.

As Mary, the sister of Martha, "who also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard His word", let us sit together as women of faith at the feet of the Savior and learn of Him. (John 10:39)
It is when we sit at His feet that we more perfectly see the wounds that are there and gain just a tiny bit more understanding of His love for us.

And so let us sit down together.....




Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Two Great Commandments



This week’s reading really hit home, more so then usual, which I think happened because the phase of life my little family is in.  There is so much in this reading, but I did have specific points hit home and I wanted to share them with you all.
The first point that stood out to me is in Matthew 11:25-27.  “….; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. “.  This solidifies that we need to draw closer to Christ, in order to draw closer to the Lord. This is pretty simple in context, but as always we need to work hard in applying this to our life.
The second point that stood out to me is in Luke 11:23- “He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.” When I read this, I started to wonder if I am helping to gather or am I helping to scatter? I know that our actions speak louder than words, so what are my actions saying to others? I want them to say that I am a daughter of a loving Heavenly Father who loves us. I want them to say that I work hard to uphold my covenants. I want them to say that I work harder every day to become the Best wife and mother that I can be. I want them to testify of my beliefs. I want all these things and am working hard each day to reach that goal. I don’t want my actions to scatter those that would otherwise have come unto Christ. Do you?
The third point I felt touched by was in Luke 11:9-10. This is the scripture that talks about knocking and receiving.  The scripture reads as follows- “ 9. And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. 10. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.” I want to add a thought to these two verses. That thought is “We have to seek and knock first; answers wont just come to us on their own.” This thought has been a constant in my mind since reading this section.  Yes the Lord will provide us with answers and guidance, but we need to seek for it. We need to knock on that door by reading our scriptures, saying our prayers, taking the sacrament, and of course all the other seminary answers. 
Our life is in a time rampant with Satan’s influence all around us. We need to remember to draw unto the Savior and we can do that by seeking Him, trying to act like Him, and praying for His help. Life will never be easy, but it will be guided and enjoyable if we work constantly at having the Lord by our side.  

Posted by Sister Amanda Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment