An Invitation.....

An Invitation
Come follow me...Knock and it shall be opened......Seek and ye shall find......

The Savior extends His gentle invitation. It is when we act to accept that we are blessed with a more abundant life through Him. "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

Together let us accept the Saviors invitation to come to know Him in a more personal way as we study the four gospels in the New Testament. From January through August 2013, there will be a weekly reading assignment and blog post where we will be able to teach and learn from one another.

As Mary, the sister of Martha, "who also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard His word", let us sit together as women of faith at the feet of the Savior and learn of Him. (John 10:39)
It is when we sit at His feet that we more perfectly see the wounds that are there and gain just a tiny bit more understanding of His love for us.

And so let us sit down together.....




Tuesday, April 9, 2013

That Which Defiles a Man



"As the ministry of Jesus progressed in power and testimony, the hatred of scribes and Pharisees for Jesus increased. At this point in the life of Jesus, this hatred had grown to such a point that the Jews were plotting to take his life. Frustrated in an attempt to get Jesus to Jerusalem so that they might fulfill their plans, the Jews sent a delegation from Jerusalem to try to trap the Lord into saying or doing something that would give them license to seek his life. When these Jews saw some of the disciples of Jesus eating without first washing their hands, they accused Jesus of not following the law of Moses. In his reply to their accusation, Jesus said, “Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.” (Matthew 15:11.)"lds.org
For quite a while, I have been working on what comes out of my mouth. It has been a daily struggle to watch what I say and let the spirit guide me, in my thought and speech. When I read these passages, it reminded me in my endeavor. It is quite the quest to speak and think like the Savior. As I practice daily; I am reminded how much I need to practice on how I react to those around me, how I need to be thoughtful, compassionate and patient.
In James chapter 3, Apostle James teaches that, "By governing the tongue we gain perfection". We need to be humble and teachable, so that we may create a heart that is soft and not easily provoked to anger. By small and simple things, great things come to pass. Our ability to be prayerful, before we speak, listening to the promptings of the Holy Ghost, so that the Holy Ghost can open up our minds the words to speak, will bless us. As we practice this principle we can become an instrument in Heavenly Father's work. We will be better wives, mothers, sisters, teachers, and neighbors. This doctrine has blessed me in my relationships. I will continue to practice everyday to let the Holy Ghost guide me in my thoughts and words, through prayer, faith, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work and grace.


Posted by Sister Kaye Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment