An Invitation.....

An Invitation
Come follow me...Knock and it shall be opened......Seek and ye shall find......

The Savior extends His gentle invitation. It is when we act to accept that we are blessed with a more abundant life through Him. "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

Together let us accept the Saviors invitation to come to know Him in a more personal way as we study the four gospels in the New Testament. From January through August 2013, there will be a weekly reading assignment and blog post where we will be able to teach and learn from one another.

As Mary, the sister of Martha, "who also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard His word", let us sit together as women of faith at the feet of the Savior and learn of Him. (John 10:39)
It is when we sit at His feet that we more perfectly see the wounds that are there and gain just a tiny bit more understanding of His love for us.

And so let us sit down together.....




Tuesday, July 23, 2013

"I Know that He Lives"

"I Know That He Lives"  
No statement is more true and more heartwarming than these words. By believing in these words and knowing that our Savior lives and that through him we can and are saved is a great comfort to me. The song "I know that my Redeemer lives" sums up exactly how I feel about the knowledge I have regarding this statement:
 
I know that my Redeemer lives.
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, he lives, who once was dead.
He lives, my ever-living Head.
He lives to bless me with his love.
He lives to plead for me above.
He lives my hungry soul to feed.
He lives to bless in time of need.
 
What a great blessing it is to each of us to have a savior who overcame death and has given us a way home. And to go with this, the only thing he asks in return, is to feed his sheep. What a simple and also rewarding task we've been given. I know that my savior lives and I love him; and I love this gospel for giving me the opportunity to serve my Father in Heaven and to grow and one day return to live with my Heavenly Father and brother Jesus Christ! I know that as we put our faith and trust in the Lord he will bless us. We are a blessed and chosen people. Always remember that Heavenly Father and Christ love you and want to bless each of us with all they have! 
 
 
Posted by Sister Toni Jorgensen

No comments:

Post a Comment